Monday, November 26, 2007

'Neverdone' series in 2008 -- want to help?

I've got a fun plan for 2008. Twelve times throughout the year -- roughly once a month -- I'm going to do something I've never done before, then I'll write about it on magicalmonkey.

You see, 2007 has been a freakin' awesome year, and I think it's because I've done things I haven't even thought about in years....things which, in 2006, I wouldn't have considered feasible. I got back in the gym, and now I feel SO much better -- a year ago, I couldn't put my pants on without back pain. I lost weight, and now my risk has been lowered for a host of diseases and conditions -- last Thanksgiving, I saw my own future in family members who struggle with diabetes and orthopedic conditions. And I started this blog, which has become a cool little catalyst for creativity in my life.

So I want to keep it up! I've started a list of ideas......please help! Post a comment or e-mail me. Or better yet.....compose a list for yourself, and we'll help each other do things we've never done before. You go zorbing with me, and I'll attend a Star Trek convention with you. Or vice versa.

Adventures in '08! Yeah!

run a mile race
run a 5K race
go on a cruise
go to a Mac conference
stay in an ice hotel
plant a garden
see the northern lights
take a wine tasting class
take a road trip with no idea of destination before leaving
be a member of a TV show audience
do Vegas!
write my will
spend a whole day at a spa
go zorbing
attend a scifi convention *
knit something
donate blood
volunteer during a holiday
create my own website (blog templates don't count)
wax a body part
pierce an unusual body part
tattoo a body part
enter a juried art show
design my own apparel, then make it
script & shoot a short movie
send a postcard to Postsecret
earn a masters degree
go on a lonnnnnnnng hike
enter flight school
ride an elephant
learn to make sushi rolls
visit Stonehenge
throw a dart on a map and travel where it lands
make paper
write a book
visit the Grand Canyon
ride in a hot air balloon
attend a Buddhist service/seminar/retreat

* A friend knew someone who went to one of these. I was intrigued when I heard about the huge signs that were posted at the entrance: "Naked is NOT a costume."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...where to start. Could possibly help out with the roadtrip without knowing the destination. Zorbing sounds cool but I don't know where the closest spot to do this is. You would probably want to do it first because I'm not sure if my lunch is staying put. Can help with the long hike also.

Dania said...

I'll do Vegas with ya!