Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm feeling un-funny today

A: "You know, I'm going to stop visiting your blog."
Me: "I know what you're trying to do. It's not going to work."
A: "Yep, I'm trying to force you to post."
Me: "It's hard to come up with things that are post-worthy."
A: "Oh, come on...I KNOW you think of at least one funny thing a day!"

Hmmm, I'm not so sure that's true. It's shortly after noon and I haven't had one funny thought yet. In my defense, though, I only got out of bed about an hour ago, and am still working on my first cup of coffee. It's a yummy blend of pumpkin-spice flavors I found at Bloom.

So far this morning I have regretted not letting my cats in the backyard yesterday because now it has rained and is too wet to take them out. Or....was it wet yesterday, too, and I just did not notice? That's a possibility. I was consumed with getting-ready-for-Christmas indoor tasks and barely looked out the window.

This morning I have also wondered if I should revisit a project I'd abandoned -- making my cats an elaborate play-tunnel. Many weeks ago, I'd read about a woman who had fashioned a tunnel for her cats out of grocery-store paper bags. I'd begun collecting bags of my own and had linked four of them together already, but there's a major design flaw which I need to address. The tunnel won't stand up by itself.

This morning I've also had an interesting......um.....scenario or two flicker through my head. They relate to a dream I had last night, which relates to a website I stumbled upon recently. An interesting sort of fellow was attempting to describe the S&M culture -- and, most notably, practices -- to the uninitiated. Fascinating stuff. I didn't bookmark the link, though. Sorry. I could've shared it with you.

Well, I think that's about all that has crossed my mind this morning, and, as I'm sure you agree, none of it can be classified as funny. Weird-catlady-ish, maybe. Inappropriate-for-middle-class-America, maybe.

But not funny.

No comments: